What Is Physiologic Hormone Restoration?
Hormones are the chemical messengers that travel through our blood stream, enter cells by unlocking a door called a receptor, and flip the switches that govern growth, development, and mental and physical functioning. The exact chemical structure of the body's hormones is incredibly important, because in order for hormone therapy to fully replicate the normal functioning present in the human body it must match the original structure of that hormone exactly.
Take Charge Of Your Body, Naturally
Why Are Hormones Disrupted?
Hormone levels in men and women can begin to decline naturally as part of the aging process. This completely normal occurrence might cause issues if hormone levels are not monitored. If certain hormones drop too low, they may cause an imbalance within the body and cause greater health problems. Serious conditions including osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis are among those health conditions which may be attributed to imbalanced hormones.
Some of the factors affecting hormone levels include pregnancy or premature menopause, medications including insulin and pain killers, stress, and even the food you eat. With so many potential causes of hormonal disruption, it is important to test for the cause and find the underlying cause of the source to prevent further symptoms.
The Effects Of Hormone Disruption For Men And Women
Men and women both experience symptoms from low hormone levels. With disrupted hormone levels, many people report weight gain, headaches, fatigue, high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, and abdominal obesity, memory loss, mood swings or even depression. Unfortunately, many men and women may attribute these symptoms to simply “getting older.” Or women may attribute these symptoms solely to peri- or postmenopausal changes and ignore these warning signs until it is too late.
Fortunately, both men and women can benefit from physiologic hormone restoration.
Introduction to Patients
Curious about pursuing physiologic hormone restoration and/or your provider has recommended it to you? MD Custom Rx is here to help you get started and to make sure all your questions get answers.
Ready to Get Started?
Our pharmacist, Monica Zatarski, PharmD, RPh, has been working with prescribers and their patients to achieve physiologic hormone restoration for over 20 years. As a compounding pharmacist, she has dedicated her career to providing customized medications to provide unique solutions. Hormone restoration is just one example of customized prescription compounding being able to meet the needs of the unique individual.
To get started with physiologic hormone restoration
- Call or complete our form to order or stop into the pharmacy to get a test kit for Saliva Profile I. This profile will test estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, DHEAS, and morning cortisol levels. This tends to be enough information to get you started with a hormone restoration plan.
- Collect your test sample using the materials in the kit and ship it UPS to ZRT Laboratory.
- Test results will then be sent directly to Monica at MD Custom Rx. She will review the information from the lab and add her professional comments directly to your lab report.
- Lab report is sent to you.
- Once you receive the report with Monica’s comments, it will be necessary to work with a healthcare prescriber to have bio-identical hormone therapies prescribed just for you. Our team encourages you to approach your current prescriber to see if he/she would be open to collaborating with Monica and the MD Custom Rx team. Keep in mind, most traditionally trained prescribers have no education in how to restore hormones back to optimal physiologic levels, therefore, they may welcome the opportunity to collaborate with me or they may not be comfortable with this approach. We do have a list of providers who are expertly trained in physiologic hormone restoration that we would be happy to share with you if you would like to add a hormone expert to your healthcare team.
- Once you have received your labs and report from MD Custom Rx, please let us know which prescriber you would like us to share a “Provider’s Report” with. The Provider’s Report is very similar to the report you will receive from me, the only differences are that it speaks in a language directly aimed at the prescriber and contains specific recommendations as to how to write prescriptions (including dosing and instructions).
- OPTION: You may also call the pharmacy to schedule a one-on-one appointment; at which time we will spend up to an hour together formulating a treatment plan and strategy you are comfortable with.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions. We look forward to working with you. It is truly an honor to be a part of your health and wellness journey.